Responsible for performing any combination of the following tasks; configuring, preparing, washing, and lubricating aircraft. Work will be performed in the wash rack or on the parking ramp.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following major duties satisfactorily in accordance with the Technical Order (TO) and Performance Work Statement (PWS).
• Configure aircraft for wash, install protective covers/devices required for wash preparation.
• Clean exterior of aircraft using provided equipment (portable platform ladders, brushes, pressure washers, water hoses, and vacuums).
• Perform major and minor interior cleaning of aircraft.
• Perform out of cycle wash.
• Perform clear water rinse.
• Perform under floor bilge wash.
• Remove aircraft panels with use of hand tools.
• Perform post wash lubrication
• Maintain constant awareness of aircraft.
• Operate aircraft systems including but not limited to: electronic and hydraulic systems.
• Operate a fire extinguisher.
• Operate aerospace ground equipment (AGE) / ground support equipment (GSE) such as external power sources, Hi/Low pressure air carts, and service vehicles.
• Maintain ramps and taxiways free of FOD; may include walking ramps and taxiways.
• Comply with Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson hazardous waste management plan.
• Document actions taken on manually completed aircraft forms and electronically in a government computer system.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Knowledge of radio communication protocols on airports.
• Prior or current aircraft experience (washing, lubing and cleaning aircraft) is preferred.
• Must be familiar with aircraft and aerospace ground equipment (AGE) utilized in support of ground handling, use of DOD technical data, forms and reporting requirements.
Language Skills, Must be able to:
• Read, write and understand the English language.
• Understand/interpret verbal and written instructions to perform required duties.
• Talk, listen and understand radio transmissions in a noisy environment.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Must have basic knowledge of computers.
• Microsoft office suite is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Must have a valid Driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
• Possession of or ability to qualify for flight line driver Certificate of Competency.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid security clearance.
• Must be able to perform heavy manual labor including: bending, stooping, reaching, digging, carrying, lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
• Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as: lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, and repetitive arm motion below, at, and above shoulder level.
• Able to climb ladders and stairs to perform duties / responsibilities while wearing personal protective equipment.
• Able to work in limited spaces.
• The noise level in the work environment may be very loud.
• Work maybe performed outside, on the flight line. Employees may be exposed to normal environmental conditions Sun, Rain, Heat, and Cold.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.