Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under supervision, compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
• Under supervision, verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
• Under supervision, audits invoices against purchase orders, research discrepancies, and approve for payment.
• Under supervision, participates in the preparation, maintenance, and verification of a variety of accounting, financial, and statistical records, ledgers, logs, and files; gathers, assembles, tabulates, enters, checks, verifies, balances, records, and files financial date; codes data according to prescribed accounting procedures; resolves discrepancies; maintains various files and records.
• Under supervision, utilizes various computer programs and applications; enters and maintains data; generates reports from a database or in-house system.
• Under supervision and as assigned, assists in payroll preparation and related record keeping; organizes, verifies, calculates hours, and posts timesheets and work reports to assist other staff with payrolls; processes voluntary deductions payments; assists other staff with running, auditing, and filing repots for payrolls.
• Under supervision and as assigned, assists in processing accounts payable; reviews and matches purchase orders, purchase order adjustments, invoices, and invoices for payments.
• Under supervision, performs a variety of general office support tasks in support of assigned operations; answers phones; receives and processes mail, assists and backs-up other staff and functions, scans, copies and distributes documents; operates a variety of office equipment and software; troubleshoots and maintains office equipment.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Chief Financial Officer, Controller, or Accounting Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience:
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year accounting related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of modular accounting system (example: ABRA/SAGE MAS 200) experience is helpful. Additional knowledge includes Microsoft Access Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Payroll systems; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Language Skills. Must be able to:
• Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• To write routine reports and correspondence.
• To speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills. Must be able to:
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Calculate and compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
• Read, calculate, and interpret time on a 24 hour clock basis.
Physical Demands. Must be able to:
• Stand, walk, sit; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity M/F/Disability/Veteran Employer